Yes, it’s the month of May. I just realized that one-third of the year has already passed. Oh how time flies! And here’s a recap of my last month’s Required Reading:
1. Atonement by Ian McEwan – (5/5) Full of emotions, this book will surely be included in my best reads this year. Remind me to watch the movie adaptation soon. 🙂
2. If On a Winter’s Night A Traveler by Italo Calvino – (3/5) A mind-boggling read but I kinda like it. I am usually amused when I read something new and different.
3. Sweet Valley Confidential: Ten Years Later by Francine Pascal – (2/5) I can’t believe what happened 10 years later. Haha! But I still like the Wakefield twins and I’m happy that in the end, they’re still there for each other.
4. Interim Goddess of Love by Mina V. Esguerra – (3/5) A quick and nice read. I will definitely read the sequel and more of Mina’s books.
It’s funny that I was really faithful to my required reading list. I’ve read all of my required books and I haven’t read anything aside from these. Haha!
Okay, let’s move on to my required books for May:
1. To the Lighthouse by Virginia Woolf – This is our book club’s book of the month, and my first modernist novel. I hope I don’t drown in the stream of consciousness. 😀
2. Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen – My first classic novel for a very long time. Currently reading this together with my bookish friends.
3. Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can’t Stop Talking by Susan Cain – I plan to start this in the last week of the month with my fellow introverts. 🙂
4. Tall Story by Candy Gourlay – I’m going to read a book by a Filipino author again. Hurrah!
I would also like to reread The City & The City by China Miéville, our book club’s book for June. A friend and I would facilitate the discussion. I’m excited and nervous. Hehe.
Oh, I think I required myself a lot this month, so I gotta go and start reading.