It’s the start of the last quarter of the year. Time is passing so quickly. Looking back, it was October last year when I first attended a book discussion with our book club, Goodreads – The Filipino Group (TFG). It’s been a year since I became an active member and I am proud. 😀 Joining a book club helped me read a lot more, and here’s what I read last month:
1. A Storied Life of A.J. Fikry by Gabrielle Zevin – (3/5) Our book club’s book of the month with another book club, the Flips Flipping Pages. It was fun meeting new bookish people and discussing this book about books.
2. The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams – (4/5) Another book crossed out on TFG’s recommendation list from last year’s ReaderCon. A funny book about spaceships, aliens and the earth’s destruction.
3. 84, Charing Cross Road by Helene Hanff – (5/5) TFG’s first traveling book. Waiting a year for my turn is definitely worth it. I hope the next reader will love it too.
4. Fall Like Rain by Ana Tejano – (3.5/5) This wasn’t on my reading plan but I can’t resist reading this first book by a friend from our book club.
I also finished Volume One: Fantine of Les Miserables by Victor Hugo. (This is a dare from Joy, a friend from TFG.) I’ll resume reading it this month plus these books:
1. The Man Who Mistook His Wife for a Hat and Other Clinical Tales by Oliver Sacks – Our book club’s October book. A non-fiction under the popular science theme.
2. Stoner by John Edward Williams – Another dare read from TFG’s I Dare You to Read Challenge. This is one of Monique‘s best reads last year.
3. Trese: Murder on Balete Drive by Budjette Tan – It’s time to meet the badass Alexandra Trese. A Filipino graphic novel I borrowed from Tricia, another friend from TFG.
There goes my list for October. All the books I mentioned in this post are related to our book club. Haha! Cheers to more years in TFG!