One of my reading goals is to finish reading the books from the TFG Filipino ReaderCon 2013 Recommendations List. This is the first category that I completed:
1. The Remains of the Day by Kazuo Ishiguro – (5/5) Journey into the past and an unrealized love. Serene and meaningful. Endearing. Read in July 2014.
2. Attachments by Rainbow Rowell – (4.5/5) Fall in love with the internet security officer who read other people’s e-mails. Charming and funny. I love Beth and Lincoln. Read in November 2013.
3. Flipped by Wendelin Van Draanen – (5/5) A young adult romance told in two voices. Cute and wonderful. Helped me to appreciate life and people more. Read in February 2014.
4. Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins – (4/5) A story about a girl shipped off to a boarding school in Paris in her senior year. Teenage life, love, family, friendship. And films. Read in November 2014.
5. What We Talk About When We Talk About Love by Raymond Carver – (4/5) A collection of short stories. Snippets of love in real life. Each story lingers. Read in January 2014.
One category down, nine to go. 🙂