Here are the books that I have read for the first month of the year:
- Ghostwritten by David Mitchell – (5/5) This is my second David Mitchell book. I really love Mitchell’s style of writing and how he incorporates chance and fate in his stories.
- Navigating Early by Clare Vanderpool – (4/5) A very good middle-grade book. I will always remember Jack and Early’s adventures plus the number pi.
- The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown – (2/5) This is supposedly my guilty pleasure book but I realized that I already outgrew Dan Brown. The facts about history and architecture are still good to know but while reading, I can’t wait for the story to end so I could start another book.
For February, these are the books that I plan to read:
- Perdido Street Station by China Miéville – It’s time to read another Miéville book! I’ll be reading this with some of my friends from the book club.
- Love Walked In by Marisa de los Santos – Our book club’s book of the month in the romance genre.
- Love, Rosie (Where Rainbows End) by Cecelia Ahern – Since we are reading romance in our book club this month, I decided to read another for The Book Riot Read Harder Challenge.
- Cain by José Saramago – This is my choice for the book that was originally published in another language for The Book Riot Read Harder Challenge. This would be my first Saramago book.
That’s it for February. I hope that I could post more this month aside from these Required Readings. Hehe!