Even though February is the shortest month of the year, I’m glad I got to finish the following books:
- Love Walked In by Marisa de los Santos – (3.5/5) Cornelia, Clare and Teo are interesting characters that I would still like to meet in person regardless of the contrived plot.
- Cain by Jose Saramago – (3/5) Despite Saramago’s odd way of constructing his sentences and his unpleasant modification of Old Testament stories, I still enjoyed reading this novella.
- Love, Rosie by Cecelia Ahern – (4/5) This may sound silly but I cried reading this book. Hahaha! I love the friendship of Alex and Rosie. There were very frustrating events in their lives that made me want to bump their heads together but that shows how affected I was in their story.
- Perdido Street Station by China Mieville – (4.5/5) Mieville’s world-building is super awesome!!! I was thinking of rating it 5 but there are a lot of characters and some of them, I think, were never needed. But maybe I’ll meet them again when I read the other Bas-Lag books?
And here are the books that I’m excited to read this March:
- The God of Small Things by Arundhati Roy – I initially planned to read this last December, extremely recommended by a friend, but postponed it for a while because it is our book club’s book for this month.
- Civilwarland in Bad Decline by George Saunders – Since one of my goals this year is to read more short stories, I decided to start with this collection. So yes, this is also my Book Riot Read Harder Challenge book for a collection of short stories.
- Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta – My YA novel for the Book Riot Read Harder Challenge, this is also one of our book club’s favorites.
- The Blind Assassin by Margaret Atwood – This is my first Margaret Atwood book. Hearing that this is a very brilliant book, I’m looking forward to reading this.
So that’s my reading list for March. Have to read now, haha, I am behind in our book club’s reading plan!