Here are the books that I read last month:
1. Dwellers by Eliza Victoria – (4/5) I think this is one of my favorite Filipino reads this year. (As if I have read a lot. Hehe!) I am looking forward to read more works from Eliza Victoria.
2. All’s Well That Ends Well by William Shakespeare – (4/5) My first reading of a Shakespeare play, because of the monologue that we were required to read in our book club’s year-end party. I love Shakespeare’s words. I am going to read more of his plays.
3. Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins – (4/5) A charming young adult story about family, friendship and love. Likable characters. I also like that a lot of movies were mentioned.
4. Animorphs #32 (The Separation) and #33 (The Illusion) by K.A. Applegate – Loved this 2 stories. The whole Animorph Series is 5/5 stars for me. 🙂
5. What We See When We Read by Peter Mendelsund – (4/5) An interesting exploration on what we see when we read. I also love the images and illustrations in the book. Reading this affected the way I imagine my reading.
Also, I am currently at Volume 4: Saint Denis of Les Miserables by Victor Hugo.
And here’s the only book that I required myself to read this month. (Well, aside from the remaining chapters/volume of Les Miserables.)
The Yellow-Lighted Bookshop: A Memoir, a History by Lewis Buzbee – Our book club’s travelling book #2. A celebration of bookstores, readers and books by a former bookseller. This year has been my most bookish year so far. So I think this would be a great book to wrap up my reading this year.
But I’m still hoping that I could read more before the year ends. 🙂